It's a standard within our Discord groups that each member respects each other's privacy. Additionally, we do not try to track any user outside of the group. Considering this, each member must act responsibly and only share information about themselves which they are comfortable with other community members knowing.
We recommend that members do not share the following types of information in either their public or private messages:
- Home address
- Banking information
- Pictures of your children or other sensitive data
- Favourite colours or answers to any security questions you have set up in your online life.
The Discord platform provides several privacy options within your user account which allow you to control things such as:
- Enable/disable direct messaging and filtering direct messages by content
- Who can add you as a friend
- Whether or not to allow Discord to use your usage data to customise your experience
- Optionally downloading your account's data
Caption: Privacy & Safety option menu (Desktop).
Example 1 of Privacy & Safety area within a user account on Desktop.
Example 2 of Privacy & Safety area within a user account on Desktop.
Note: The above is only a guide, and it's expected that each member acts responsibly.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please submit a support request or email it to email@example.com.