What is verification?
We maintain an optional identity verification system for our following two (2) Discord groups to help keep our communities safe.
- CCST - Caribbean Cyber Support Team
- WISC - Women in InfoSec Caribbean
Verification is critical to ensure that only the persons who qualify for certain benefits in our respective groups can receive them. For example, both CCST and WISC are dedicated to Caribbean people only, so someone who is not from the Caribbean should not be able to receive a Premium benefit.
What are the benefits?
Level 1 and Level 2 members have access to different benefits, as follows:
Level 1 - Self-Verified
- Access to live educational sessions from people inside and outside the group such as presentations, webinars, demos.
Level 2 - ID-Verified Members
- Personal development support
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to our digital library
- Ability to get your own learning website
- Resume creation support
- Educational Vouchers (coming soon)
- Paid small gigs (e.g. research, presentations, content creation).
There are two levels of verification. They are:
- Level 1 - Self-verified - Members identify themselves by posting at least their name and country in the "bio" channel. This is for the benefit of the community.
- Level 2 - ID-verified. - Members go through Level 1 and then get ID verified on live video (your ID is not stored).
Level-1 Verification (Self-verified)
This requires members to post a brief bio about themself in the respective channel for personal bios.
- This is primarily for the benefit of other members, to know who they are chatting in the group.
- Once a member does this, a moderator or admin will update your display name in the group to match the following format: [First name] [initial of last name] [country]. E.g. Gavin D. | Jamaica
Level-2 Verification (ID-verified)
This requires members to prove their identity by joining an online session with one of our representatives where the member must hold their ID to the camera while on live video so the representative can verify their identity.
Level-2 verification opens up is primarily for our benefit as group administrators to maintain the integrity of who benefits from our offers.
Note: We do not copy or store identification documents from the online verification sessions.
How to become a Level-2 Verified Member (ID-Verified)?
- First, submit the short application online form with your information. You can find the form below or you can apply at https://library.g5cybersecurity.com.
- After you submit the form, you will be automatically redirected to select a date from our online calendar to get verified.
Does verification expire?
No, once you are ID-Verified, it is permanent and tied to your Discord profile in our related Discord group that you've joined.
Note: If you switch to a new Discord account, you must be re-verified. Your old Discord profile within the group will be removed.
- CCST – caribbeancst.org
- WISC - wiscaribbean.org
Article is closed for comments.